Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ordinary Day

Lately, Avery loves everything. Well, unless she hates it. She lovvves bacon. This morning, when she saw it sitting on the plate waiting to be eaten, she said "Nummy! Bacon! I LOVE BACON!" and proceeded to take a giant bite of her stolen slice of bacon. She also loves soup. She always makes sure to declare her loves IMMEDIATELY and LOUDLY.

While I was grilling our tilapia for fish taco salads tonight, the kids played on our front porch. I heard Avery say "What's that Mommy?" and then I looked down to see a little bug. I said "That's a stink bug Aves", then watched her stoop down, pick the bug up and run off. I watched her as she went into the garage, Caden close behind, to put her stink bug down on the woodstove sitting in the garage. Caden tried to touch it, to which she replied vehemently: "NO CAY CAY, IT'S MY STINK BUG!" and swiped her bug up before he could snatch it away from her. She carried that poor thing around for about 2o minutes, setting it down every so often to tell it loudly to GO! When it did nothing, she would grab it up and move on to her next task. I must sadly report that a couple of legs were ripped off in the process and the poor little thing was dead about 45 minutes after discovery. I tried to tell her to be careful with it, but she didn't listen. The cute part was that she didn't intend to hurt it, she really loved that squirmy little thing and seeing as how I HATE bugs of any sort, I didn't want to discourage her. I do not want my children to have a fear simply because they saw it displayed in me, so I let her play with the stink bug to her hearts content.

This blog shouldn't really be all about Avery. Caden begged me to "Take his pitcher" all day long, posing in the same way with different silly smiles on his face repeatedly. As for CeCe, well, she makes us laugh over and over all day long. That child is so random and unique and funny that I don't even know how to describe her. She has taken to telling me when she is poopy by screeching poo-poo at the top of her lungs and grabbing at her crotch. It is hilarious, and makes me think that she will soon be ready for potty training as well.

So, all in all we had a good day. It was actually really, horrible moment-by-moment, filled with screaming and me thinking that I just needed a very long nap. But there were more good things than awful, so I feel very contente this evening. I am so very blessed to have such a wonderful little family who I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I so know what you mean!

It's so cool that Avery is forming opinions. Caden seems like a ham...and I'm no expert, but I think CeCe might be nearly ready for potty training!

Unknown said...

that's awesome, I love reading about your family and the details of it.

Sandra said...

That is so cute that she carried around a stink bug!
Kids are so much work, but so worth it!