Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fall

Today we went for a walk in the park. It was around 60 degrees, the sky was piercingly blue without a cloud in sight-one of those Montana fall days that makes me appreciate living here. These are the days that make winter bearable for me. Knowing that there is so much around the corner allows me to get through the hibernation that is a Montana winter. Although I must add that my goal this winter is to get out and enjoy the snow, considering that I am not pregnant for the first winter in several years.

Back to today. The trees are nearly bare of their foliage, the ground now wearing it as a blanket. A beautiful marigold, rust, and crimson blanket the likes of which no one, not even the most talented seamstress could duplicate. Caden and Avery had so much fun picking up leaves. They would hold them up against the sky, seemingly using the sky as a backdrop for nature's artwork. It is so satisfying watching the world through the eyes of nearly-two-year olds! Everything the see is something to examine, something to wonder about, something new. They do not take for granted the simple things. The simple things are what make up their lives. I wish I was a nearly-two-year old. Although being content with simplicity means being content being nearly-twenty-four, right?

2 comments:

R said...

I'm not sure we'll have fall here. You make me miss it. Gorgeous descriptions.

Weaver said...

Hi Kelli! What a great site. Sure miss you all. Can't believe those little munchkins are almost 2 yrs old! I remember clearly the day they were born. I can't wait to see them at Christmas. How is the house coming along? Oh, and I love your creative writing technique - you definitely should be an english teacher! Hope to hear from you soon.