Wednesday, February 15, 2006


Here's me while I was on my two week bed rest at Community Medical Center, in Missoula. My stomache had gotten so big, and so heavy at this point that I was actually thankful that I was on bed rest! It just killed my back to stand very long! I was flown to Community from Kalispell on January 7th, 2006 and admitted to the OB ward. I was 25 weeks along in my pregnancy, and dilated to 3 centimeters. Initially, my doctors thought that I would deliver the babies within 48 hours. But the magnesium they put me on slowed my contractions so that they were only a few every so often. So that was the beginning of my hospital stay! Eventually, the magnesium caused my lungs to fill up with fluid, and they had to lower it significantly. Which was why I went into labor on the evening of the 19th. My body had basically expanded as far as it was going to, and it was time for our tiny babies to enter the world, regardless of what everyone thought!

No comments: