Thursday, November 27, 2008

Give Thanks


Things that are currently on my mind:

NieNie. If you haven't heard about this wonderful blogger, I am not sure where you have been hiding. She and her handsome Mr. Nielson were in a horrible plane crash in August, and are still in recovery. Her husband posted the most beautiful thank-you video today for all of the support they have received since the accident, and it had me in tears. Seriously, go watch it. Then read about all they've been through. She will touch your life. I mean it. 

Thanksgiving. I cannot believe it is the holiday season. I am anticipating tomorrow and then Christmas oh-so-much this year! Although, I am also trying very intensely to not let it get the best of me. I am determined to enjoy it, yet keep it as simple as possible. Holidays tend to wind me up tighter than a top, what with all the POSSIBILITIES! 

Food. I baked some fairly tasty gluten-free rolls, which I plan on using to make yummy homemade stuffing tomorrow. I also baked a lemon-meringue pie, two pumpkin pies and the best cupcakes I have EVER tasted. Ever. Even if you do not have to eat gluten-free, seriously, try these cupcakes. Mocha Chocolate Ganache. Need I say more?! (Also, you would NEVER know they are gluten-free! They are seriously THAT GOOD!)

I have been married nearly three years, have three beautiful children, my mother has been cancer-free for one year now, I get to spend Thanksgiving with my family tomorrow and I have lived nearly 25 beautiful years. What more could a girl ask for?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

NieNie's story is so touching. I've been following it since the beginning and always find myself drawn to updates and am always touched by the stories.

Those cupcakes look delicious!