Friday, July 25, 2008

Morning

Ever since I started working, I generally don't get to bed until really late. I did try to get to sleep earlier last night, but didn't sleep well, tossing and turning all night long. So when my husband called me at the crack of dawn to see if I could e-mail him a document, I wasn't very happy. I am not much of a morning person, and don't take it well when I am awaken before I need to be. I managed to pull myself out of bed and get the document off to him, made my coffee, and decided to stay up. 

It's turned into one of those things I don't want to do but am glad I did. Do you ever have those? It's really only a little, tiny thing - getting up earlier than planned - but still, I was crabby about it. And now, here I am, in our wonderfully silent house, with the windows open to let in the cool morning air, drinking my wonderfully good coffee and listening to the birds chirping outside. It's making me remember why I used to be a morning person!

We went outside last night with the kids, to let them play a little before bed. It was absolutely perfect; about 70 or 75 degrees, clear blue sky, no humidity. The kids ran and chased each other, we sat and watched them and laughed, (toddlers are notoriously silly creatures!) and just enjoyed being home. I love my evenings at home. I used to hate putting the kids to bed because it was so hard. They never wanted to go to sleep, and I always let them get away with getting out of bed. Not that Carl puts them to bed each night, they go to sleep beautifully, plus they only have me here three nights a week so they relish our evening time together as much as I do. We read stories, cuddle, listen to music, dance... generally enjoy ourselves the way I wish we did in the daytime. Funny how we're all a little more relaxed in the evening. 

Life is so good sometimes. 

No comments: